Did you know that you can connect your Ricoh Theta camera to the Nodalview app and control panorama capture with your Ricoh through your app?
Don't forget that it is also possible to capture panoramas on the Ricoh, and then import them into your personal Nodalview space.
What is this new feature for?
Capture your panoramas in one click with your Ricoh while taking advantage of the bracketing and image enhancement system developed by Nodalview! Once your panoramas are captured with your Ricoh, they are automatically transferred to your Nodalview platform, from which you can edit and share quality virtual tours and guided virtual tours with your prospects.
How to connect a Ricoh Theta camera to your Nodalview app?
A video tutorial is available below 🙃
A. Prepare the connection
1. Go to the app settings, top right of the main page
2. Activate the Ricoh Theta option at the bottom of the screen
3. Select the bracketing mode just below, choose "Fast HDR" mode
4. Very important: turn on the WIFI of your phone
B. Create a tour to start shooting
5. Back on the main page of your app, create a new tour
6. Name it and validate by clicking on "ok" (do not choose with automatic assembly)
7. Go to the 360° tab and join the capture screen by clicking on the icon at the bottom right of the screen
8. Before accessing to the shooting screen, the app asks you to connect to the Ricoh camera!
C. Connect your Ricoh
9. Click on "add camera" or connect to a previously used (and recognized) Ricoh
10. If you chose "add camera", connect the Ricoh Theta using the SSID number and password found on the bottom of your camera, next to the charging port
11. Click "join" to allow the app to connect to the Ricoh camera
Once your camera is connected, capture your panoramas!
Good to know:
Even though image enhancement applies in rendering processing, panoramas captured from a Ricoh camera connected to the Nodalview app will be of lower quality than those captured from your smartphone's native camera.
The quality of panoramas taken with Ricoh will also vary depending on the model you have. For example, the Ricoh Theta Z1 will have a much better image quality than the Ricoh Theta V.
NB: For this article, we used a Ricoh Theta V camera. If you have another Ricoh model, the procedure for pairing it with Nodalview and the image quality may vary.
To go further:
Any questions about this article?
Do not hesitate to contact us: email@example.com